Tuesday, May 19, 2009

THERE WILL BE FREEMASONS


(A Study in Scarlet © 2009 SelfMadeHero)
Above is a picture of one of the many visitors to 221b.

Jay Eales from Factor Fiction sent me a link to the trailer for the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Downey Jr as Holmes and Jude Law as Watson - directed by Guy Ritchie (making a very Joel Silver sort of film - as in it doesn't look like a Guy Ritchie film). Personally, if it has Sherlock Holmes written on the tin then I'd buy it. I do ravenously collect non-canon Holmes (as does Edginton) - enjoyed the likes of Young Sherlock Holmes and the Pyramid of Fear enormously and even collect Solar Pons novels, so I will undoubtebly be going to see this when it comes out. I don't know anything about the plot of this new film of course but I'm willing to bet that there will be freemasons.

By the way, while on the subject of non-canon Holmes films, can I recommend to any reader passing by Billy Wilder's 'The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes'. There's a reference to this film tucked away within the pages of 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'.

No comments: