Thursday, May 21, 2009

RESONANCE, BIRTHDAYS AND THE PORTAIT OF A STICKMAN


To mark Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's birthday tomorrow - SelfMade asked if I'd draw a picture of Doyle. So here it is.

Also! At 5pm today, I'm interviewed by Alex Fitch over at Resonance 104.4 FM where I talk a little about adapting Baskervilles and Dorian with Edginton. I did during the interview something typically radio unfriendly (to talk about something listerners couldn't see) and started to talk about a scene in which I supplemented the portrait for a stick figure in order to alleviate the pressures of having to paint 'one of the greatest things in modern art' as Lord Henry puts it. So here is the 'stick figure' variation (at the suggestion of my dear friend and fellow HUZZAH!! contributor, Colin Fawcett).

2 comments:

Darryl Cunningham said...

Beautiful work, Ian. I'm just about to listen to the Resonance interview.

Alex said...

That's hilarious! If I'd seen it a week ago, I might have used it as the example of your work on my blog!