Saturday, January 13, 2007

THE SHIP HITS THE FANS

I found out about this via AICN (Ain't It Cool News). I quite liked Star Trek as a kid, but it wasn't something that stuck with me. To be fair, I had Star Wars and Doctor Who.

I recently acquired Star Trek season 1 after having watched Shatner as Bob Wilson in “Nightmare at 20000 Feet” which happens to be written by one of my favorite writers, Richard Matheson.

Very much enjoyed Trek Season 1. Notably a very TZ style episode "The City on the Edge of Forever" guest starring Joan Collins.

The main thing I absolutely love about all those episodes is the vivid primary colors. Absolutely wonderfully rich, saturated reds, yellows and blues. And it's something these restored versions punch out wonderfully (if you go to http://www.startrek.com/ you'll see what I mean).

No comments: